Wednesday 22 September 2010

For my sister...

My sister called me the other day and started telling me about her current housing situation.  She rents in London and the agency she deals with want to hike up her rent.  My sister can't afford that rent hike.  But she really loves the flat she is in and the part of town she is in too.  She has started to organise letters to her landlady who lives in Hong Kong and is looking at alternatives, but to be honest, she can't afford to move either.  So, what we need is either a windfall so she can stay where she is, or some kind of alternative so she can stay in the area (and move cheaply!) or that the landlady/agent sees sense and stops demanding high rent on an apartment which hasn't been redecorated in 8 or possibly 9 years.

Thy will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment